As promised to Cat Morley, who tagged me on February 6 on her Katz-i design blog, herewith are my answers.
Four jobs I’ve had
1. Design lecturer at the National College of Design & Technology—I created the Wellington design theory programme.
2. Lecturer at Massey University—the ﬁrst typeface design programme in New Zealand.
3. Not sure what else. I’ve basically been self-employed for all of my working life at Jack Yan & Associates, and of course, at Lucire.
Four movies I can watch over and over
1. The Italian Job (1969—note the year).
2. Bullitt (if you remake this, I will kill you).
3. Simone (Andrew Niccol rocks!).
Four places I’ve lived
1. Stockholm, Sweden (in Stefan’s ﬂat!).
2. Paris, France.
3. Hong Kong.
4. Wellington, New Zealand.
Four places I’ve vacationed
1. Aschaffenburg, Germany.
2. Bora Bora, French Polynesia.
3. Melbourne, Victoria.
4. Beverly Hills, California.
Four places I would rather be right now
1. Bora Bora, French Polynesia.
2. Papeete, Tahiti.
3. Martinborough, New Zealand.
4. Somewhere on the Coromandel Coast, New Zealand.
Four TV shows I love
1. The Persuaders (hence the title of this blog).
2. The New Avengers.
3. The Professionals.
4. The Paradise Club.
Four of my favourite dishes
1. Char kwai teow, as served at Mutiara.
3. Blue cod, as served at Fleur’s Place.
4. Won ton soup.
Four sites I visit daily
1. Gaping Void.
2. Business Ethics & Social Enterprise.
3. The Beyond Branding Blog—a quick way to see if Johnnie Moore, Tim Kitchin and others have updated.
4. New Millennium PR.
Four people I am tagging
1. Stefan Engeseth.
2. Stefan Liute (to get it into a brand-new area of the world!).
3. Nigel Dunn.
4. Markoos—especially since he has a new job and this will keep him grounded. Posted by Jack Yan, 04:51
Thank you so much for listing me as a daily read -- I am in very good company!
You’re welcome, Andrea! You’re on my list of Technorati Favorites as well.
ha. maybe i should post about the first four jobs that i will have as a newly admitted uni student.
so far i'm up to two!
I reckon you should, and you’d generate a lot of envy while you do it!Post a Comment
Links to this post:
NoteEntries from 2006 to the end of 2009 were done on the Blogger service. As of January 1, 2010, this blog has shifted to a Wordpress installation, with the latest posts here.
With Blogger ceasing to support FTP publishing on May 1, I have decided to turn these older pages in to an archive, so you will no longer be able to enter comments. However, you can comment on entries posted after January 1, 2010.
Get this blog via email
Individual JY&A and Medinge Group blogs
+ Add The Persuader Blog to your Blogroll
DonateIf you wish to help with my hosting costs, please feel free to donate.
Copyright ©200210 by Jack Yan & Associates. All rights reserved. Photograph of Jack Yan by Chelfyn Baxter.