Nick Smith at Life 2·0 tagged me with this in mid-December, during my “quiet period” off the blog.
I believe the original meme was to give readers ﬁve things people didn’t know about me. So, here goes.
1. Even though I have publicly sung his stuff and called myself ‘Ol’ Brown Eyes’ as a laugh, I don’t like Frank Sinatra’s post-op singing and I think Nelson Riddle’s arrangements saved his career. Plus the fact that Frankie is not a half bad actor.
2. I start quite a few books and will reject them if the typography or the print quality is not up to par. In short, I am a font snob.
3. I have emails going back to 2003 in my inbox. That was the last year I was able to keep on top of my messages. But I have managed to shrink my inbox down by two-thirds, especially during the no-blogging phase and the holidays.
4. I can count the number of times I have been drunk on one hand. I have never touched tobacco, the regular or “ﬂavoured” kind, and have no intention to.
5. I have never watched a full rugby game despite having lived (on and off) in New Zealand since 1976. That’s like an American male saying he has never watched a game of baseball (drunk, stoned or sober).
I don’t know about this tagging, and from what I read from Nick and Dan at Unfolding Leadership, who tagged him, people are getting a bit wary of it. So I won’t pass the tag. Instead, if you want to play, feel free to record on your own blogs your ﬁve things. Or, if you want me to tag you, let me know in the comments. Posted by Jack Yan, 09:19
I can beat your "5."Post a Comment
I've being living in New Zealand a decade longer and never seen a full game of rugby!
Links to this post:
NoteEntries from 2006 to the end of 2009 were done on the Blogger service. As of January 1, 2010, this blog has shifted to a Wordpress installation, with the latest posts here.
With Blogger ceasing to support FTP publishing on May 1, I have decided to turn these older pages in to an archive, so you will no longer be able to enter comments. However, you can comment on entries posted after January 1, 2010.
Individual JY&A and Medinge Group blogs
DonateIf you wish to help with my hosting costs, please feel free to donate.
Copyright ©200210 by Jack Yan & Associates. All rights reserved. Photograph of Jack Yan by Chelfyn Baxter.