Jack Yan
Global  |  Leadership  |  Experience  |  Media  |  Videos
Blog  |  Contact

You can’t beat Wellington. Subscribe to my Facebook page Join my page on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Drivetribe Follow me on Tumblr Follow me on Linkedin Follow me on Weibo Check out my Instagram account Follow me on Pinterest Subscribe to my blog’s RSS feed

Quick links

Surf to the online edition of Lucire

Add feeds

Get this blog via email
Enter your Email

Powered by FeedBlitz

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

The Persuader

My personal blog, started in 2006.

« | »

19.12.2011

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Facebook stops me from tagging myself in my own photographs—here’s a possible solution”.

Filed under: internet, technology, USA—Jack Yan @ 06.26

8 Responses to ‘Facebook stops me from tagging myself in my own photographs—here’s a possible solution’

1. Jez Kemp says:

I hate it when big websites fail to implement really obvious fixes, or take away features for no particular reason. Twitter’s current layout (I’m sure it’ll change in the next 6-12 months) is pissing me off at the moment. First world problems? Yes, but infuriating because they are so utterly, mindlessly unnecessary.

2. Jack Yan says:

Well said, Jez. Don’t get me started on the new Twitter layout. I actually switched to mobile.twitter.com, even on the desktop, just to get it working.

3. Chris Duke says:

What a hassle. I’ve encountered a slightly different problem where I upload a photo to a Page, then I try to tag myself in that photo. Sometimes it lets me and sometimes it doesn’t. This problem started happening a few months ago. My solution is to wait a day or just try hours later and it finally let’s me tag myself. I wish they’d fix this… after all, isn’t that one of the basic concepts of Facebook? To allow tagging?

BTW, this isn’t just a problem for tagging myself in page photos. It’s also a problem for other people. Sometimes they are accessible in the “drop down” list, and sometimes they’re not. Pages too. Same thing. Their site is buggy as hell and it’s getting really old :(

BTW2, it seems to not be as big of a problem on Facebook iPhone app, but is always an issue with the website.

4. Jack Yan says:

Chris, that is a huge hassle—I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing that. While the original bug I wrote about is gone for me, I am also not finding everyone in my drop-down list. Other recent bugs for me are Facebook not “remembering” that I liked a certain page and I have to re-like it. The worst case was when I had to visit the page five times to like it in order for that “like” to “stick”; and certain groups that would not show me the latest, and I would be stuck about 18 hours in the past (it was like that for months).

5. Chris Duke says:

That’s horrible. I haven’t seen that bug… Page LIKEs are sticking for me! Speaking of LIKEing pages… http://www.fb.com/motorztv :)

6. Jack Yan says:

On there now, Chris!

7. Justin says:

DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM!!! MY NAME STILL DOESN’T APPEAR!!!

8. Jack Yan says:

Yeah, something I posted in 2011 might not work for someone experiencing a bug in 2013.